Refreshing Vietnamese Mango Salad
Hey, there! Get ready to elevate your snack game with a burst of flavor that’ll have you hooked – Vietnamese Mango Salad! Picture this: crisp green mango, sweet carrot slices, savory shrimp, and crunchy peanuts all dancing together in one bowl. It’s not just a salad; it’s a flavor burst about to happen, perfect for those snack cravings that hit you out of the blue. Join me in crafting this snack sensation that’s as easy to make as it is to enjoy!
– 2 green mango, julienned
– 1 carrot, thinly sliced
– Fresh shrimp
– Pork or Beef jerky, shredded
– Peanuts, crushed
– Vietnamese coriander, chopped
– Fried shallot
– 2 tbsp fish sauce
– ½ tsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 1 tsp cooking oil (used from frying shallot)
– 1 tbsp water
– Thai red chili (optional)
How to make Vietnamese Mango Salad
- Prepare the Ingredients:
– Peel and julienne the green mango.
– Cut the carrot into thinner slices than the mango.
– Cook the shrimp.
– Shred the beef jerky.
– Crush the peanuts or leave them whole.
– Chop the Vietnamese coriander.
– Fry shallots until golden, then set aside.
- Make the Sauce:
– In a bowl, combine oil, fish sauce, lemon juice, sugar, cooking oil, water, and Thai red chili (if using).
– Stir well until sugar dissolves.
- Assemble the Salad:
– In a large bowl, mix mango, carrot, shrimp, beef jerky, and peanuts.
– Pour the sauce over the salad and toss until well coated.
– Add Vietnamese coriander and fried shallots, giving it a final toss.
- Serve and Enjoy:
– Plate the salad and garnish with extra peanuts and coriander.
– Serve immediately for that perfect blend of flavors and textures.
What kind of mangoes are used for the salad?
For this salad, green, unripe mangoes are preferred as they offer a crisp texture and tangy flavor that complements the other ingredients.
What if I can’t find Vietnamese coriander?
You can substitute with regular coriander or cilantro, but the unique flavor of Vietnamese coriander adds an authentic touch.
Is Thai red chili necessary for the sauce?
It’s optional and can be adjusted based on your spice preference. But you can use different type of pepper like Korean red chili pepper which is mild in flavor and spice.
There you have it, a mouthwatering Vietnamese Mango Salad that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds. Dive into the world of Vietnamese flavors and enjoy the refreshing goodness of this delightful salad!
Vietnamese Mango Salad
- 2 green mango julienned
- carrot thinly sliced
- Fresh shrimp
- Pork or Beef jerky shredded
- Peanuts crushed
- Vietnamese coriander chopped
- Fried shallot
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cooking oil used from frying shallot
- 1 tbsp water
- Thai red chili optional
Prepare the Ingredients:
- Peel and julienne the green mango.
- Cut the carrot into thinner slices than the mango.
- Cook the shrimp.
- Shred the beef jerky.
- Crush the peanuts or leave them whole.
- Chop the Vietnamese coriander.
- Fry shallots until golden, then set aside.
Make the Sauce:
- In a bowl, combine oil, fish sauce, lemon juice, sugar, cooking oil, water, and Thai red chili (if using).
- Stir well until sugar dissolves.
Assemble the Salad:
- In a large bowl, mix mango, carrot, shrimp, beef jerky, and peanuts.
- Pour the sauce over the salad and toss until well coated.
- Add Vietnamese coriander and fried shallots, giving it a final toss.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Plate the salad and garnish with extra peanuts and coriander.
- Serve immediately for that perfect blend of flavors and textures.