Are you ready to take your taste buds on a wild ride? Look no further than Vietnamese chicken wings! These little bites of heaven pack a punch of flavor, with a delightful blend of spices that will make your mouth water.
And the best part? No baking is required! That’s right, you can whip up a batch of these bad boys in no time and impress all your friends. So grab your apron and get ready to join in on the fun, because these wings are sure to bring a smile to your face and a happy dance to your taste buds!
Ingredients for Vietnamese Chicken Wings
-1 lb chicken wings
Chicken Wings Sauce
-1 tbsp cooking oil
-½ tbsp chili oil
-½ tbsp minced garlic
-1 tbsp of fish sauce
-1.5 tbsp brown sugar
-1 tbsp of ketchup
-3 tbsp of water
Marinate the chicken wings
-½ tsp pinch of salt
-0.5 tsp ginger powder
-1 tbsp of cooking wine
-¼ cup of cornstarch
How to make Vietnamese chicken wings
- Clean the chicken wings with salt and vinegar. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Marinate the wings with salt, ginger powder, black pepper, and cooking wine. Let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Coat the wings with cornstarch before frying.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to cover the wings.
- Fry the wings until golden brown and cooked through for about 8-10 minutes.
- Double-fry for 1-2 minutes on high heat.
- To make the sauce, saute the garlic over medium heat. Add the fish sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, chili oil, and water. Stir until the brown sugar has dissolved and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with sliced scallions or cilantro, and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!