Hey there! Are you looking for a delicious and easy chicken recipe? Look no further because these baked five-spice chicken thighs are just what you need! It’s one of my personal favorites and always a hit with my family and friends.
The combination of aromatic spices and juicy chicken thighs makes for a mouthwatering dish perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re in the mood for a cozy dinner at home or hosting a dinner party, this recipe is sure to impress.
So, let’s get cooking and spice up your dinner!
Ingredients five-spice chicken thighs
-1.5 lbs chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
-3 tbsp oyster sauce
-1/8 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
-½ teaspoon ground black pepper
-1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
-1 tbsp honey
-1.5 tbsp all-purpose soy sauce
-1 tbsp cooking wine
Basting sauce for the chicken thighs
-1 tbsp dark soy sauce
-1 tbsp of regular soy sauce
-1 tbsp chili oil
-1 tbsp butter
-1 tbsp honey
-1.5 tbsp water/cooking wine
How to make easy five-spice chicken thighs
- To make the sauce, mix together oyster sauce, sugar, five-spice powder, minced garlic honey, soy sauce, cooking wine, and ground black pepper in a small bowl.
- Marinate chicken with the sauce for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil to reduce clean-up.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack. Bake at 360°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Baste and flip in between.
- Serve with steamed rice or sandwiches.
Tips and tricks to make perfect baked five-spice chicken thighs
- Use a wire rack: Placing the chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet will allow air to circulate around the chicken, which will help it cook more evenly and prevent the skin from getting soggy.
- Baste the chicken: You can also add butter to the basting sauce for a better flavor.
- Let the chicken rest: Once the chicken is fully cooked, let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and help keep the meat moist.