Ingredients for hibachi steak bites
- 2 pieces of beef top loin
- 2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Sliced garlic for the sauce
- Minced garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Egg yolk for garnishing
- Cooking oil
How to make hibachi steak
- Marinate steak with salt and pepper (both sides)
- Bake it in the oven for 30 minutes at 230.
- Sear the steak in cast iron with butter on high heat for about 5-8 minutes, the cooking time will depend on the thickness of your steak.
- Cut the steak into bite-sized cubes.
- In another pan, sauté the garlic with cooking oil.
- Add the mushroom and steak to the pan.
- Drizzle some sauce (see ingredients below) and continue stir-frying for 1-2 minutes.
- OPTIONAL serve with egg yolk and scallion.
Making the sauce for the steak.
- In the same cast iron used to fry the steak, sauté the garlic with butter until golden brown.
- Add soy sauce, cooking wine, sugar, and honey.
- Continue simmering the sauce for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the garlic and use the sauce for stir-frying the steak or dipping.
- Bring the steak to room temperature.
- Strip steak is a good choice for hibachi steak (easier to cut in cube)
- Reverse-searing allows better control over the steak’s doneness.
- The time to bake the steak will depend on your type of steak and its thickness. Ideally, the internal temperature for the steak should be 130 – 140 for medium rare steak.